Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We said: Thank You!


“The TMI Blog Award honors those blogs that discuss everything in detail and do it well. These bloggers aren’t afraid to discuss their most awkward, embarrassing and intimate experiences with honesty, humor and little to no filter.

The rules are stated below.
*Thank the person who presented you with the award.
*Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
*Share an awkward, embarrassing and intimate story in 250 words or less.
*Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
*Present the TMI Blog Award to 5 – 10 deserving blogs.
*Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog."

Recently we received the TMI Blog Award from the author of A Husband of Two Sexual Minds. It was completely unexpected, but at the same time, very appreciated - thank you!  L and I have never been nominated for or awarded any kind of Blog Award before and we're quite thrilled about it.  We're quite proud of our little blog, but we're also realistic - our content is not appealing to everyone.  Yes, we are a Sex Blog, but we are also part of that subset that are identified as Infidelity Blogs and I've definitely read numerous comments on other blogs about their distaste for that type of situation.  One blogger even felt it necessary to advise me that she wouldn't be "following" our blog in return (when I started to follow hers), for that very reason.  By and large, that kind of reaction has been very minimal however and we have greatly enjoyed and appreciated the support and camaraderie of our fellow bloggers and their comments to the blog and we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you also. We write the blog as an outlet for ourselves - it's not like we can share the enormous enjoyment we get from each other with friends and family. All the same, we do greatly enjoy reading your comments and feedback.

Now we're supposed to share an awkward and embarrassing story in 250 words or less.  Very difficult.  Not only are there so many great stories I could tell you about that would fit the bill, but also because I tend to be rather verbose, it's going to be a struggle to come in under 250 words!  I guess I make up in writing for what I don't do verbally!  After discussing with L, we decided on this incident:

L and I had had an evening with our rope friends and were heading back home. We had left one vehicle in a mall parking lot and we had driven into the city together. I find playing with rope an extremely sensual and arousing thing and it's truly difficult to say goodnight to L and head home without some kind of sexual interaction. It's even harder to lie in bed alone at the end of the night and think about his hands and the rope sliding over my body....anyway...back to the point. I wanted to suck L's cock while we were driving home, but since there was a lot of traffic despite the hour, we decided to wait. Back at the mall lot, I quickly took him into my mouth. L is in charge of paying attention to the surroundings while I do my thing, so when he said that someone was pulling into the lot, I judged his voice for urgency. Since there was none, I continued. By the time he communicated to me that it was a police car and that the officer had gotten out of his vehicle and was approaching ours, there was no time for me to make it appear that things weren't as they appeared. I was acutely embarrassed as L lowered his window and talked to the cop who chastised us not only about our actions, but even mentioning that "at our age" we should know better. I'm deeply ashamed to this day - not for my actions, but that I buried my face in L's shoulder while he held me and dealt with the cop alone - I feel like I let him down by not accepting my share of the blame, which was considerable. Months have passed and though I’ve tried, I’m still unable to write a post about this incident – I find it far too upsetting. Awkward?  I think so.  Embarrassing?  You bet!

The next thing we're supposed to do is the most difficult task of all.  We are supposed to choose 5-10 other blogs deserving of this award.  I'm a voracious reader and in addition to other reading I do, I follow over 150 blogs.  L follows just over 100 and though some of those overlap with mine, many don't.  I review my blogroll every couple of months.  I remove defunct blogs and regularly add new (to me) blogs of interest which I often find by exploring the blogrolls of my favourite blogs, so my list is freshened up often.  The five blogs from my roll alone that I would have chosen for this Award have all already been recipients from other bloggers in recent weeks, so we've decided to forego this part of the exercise, satisfied that we wouldn't be shortchanging anyone.  The fact is that if you are on my blogroll, then I find your blog a great read and thanks should go to all of you for keeping me entertained and inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the award. It's very well-deserved. We're disappointed to read about the response you got from the blogger who didn't want to follow you because of your being an "infidelity blog". We do our best not to judge, and at any rate we enjoy what we find here.

    We enjoyed reading the story you shared. We are excited by the risk of discovery, not by discovery itself, and being caught in the act by the police is a real fear of ours. It's for this reason that we don't have sex in public or semi-public areas as much as we would like to. That and the whole "constantly having our child nearby" thing. That too.

    Once again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete