Monday, April 23, 2012

She said: V is for VCH

Well, I finally went and did it. For the longest time, I've been toying with the idea of getting some kind of genital piercing or another tattoo...or both. I was already both pierced and tattooed (though very discreetly, for the most part) so I guess it wasn't much of a stretch either way, except that if any of my family found out, they'd be scandalized. They already view me as the wayward child and surely any additional fodder to add to that view would not bode well for me, either with the parents or my immediate family.

Last year, L and I went to a tattoo parlour, rough drawing and ideas in hand and discussed a tattoo for me, but I was not happy with the resultant drawing or the pressure to proceed and opted to "think about it" to get out of there. I ultimately decided to put that idea aside for now and get a piercing instead. I researched different types of piercings, how they could affect stimulation for both L and I, healing times and various other aspects and narrowed the choices down to two options - either a Triangle or a Vertical Clitoral Hood (VCH) piercing. Nearly everyone can support a VCH, but ones anatomy has to be just so in order to be able to accommodate a Triangle piercing.

Next step was to find a place to do it. I wanted a piercer with a good reputation and lots of experience. Who would think that could be so difficult! I searched and searched both online, in FetLife and through word of mouth and only one name came up multiple times. Six. That's his name. I called and chatted with him, asking questions I already knew the answers to just to feel him out. He was articulate, intelligent and more than willing to answer all my questions fully and consult with me prior to doing the deed...AND he discouraged me from proceeding if I wasn't absolutely certain. I liked him already.

Now to get things sorted with L. I had mentioned to L about wanting the piercing before and he had been finding pics and information for me online while I was researching and in true L fashion, he was as interested in the process and finding someone reputable for me as I was. We talked about possible negative effects of the piercing with our interactions with each other, not to mention abstaining for several weeks during the healing time. When everything was aligned and I was completely satisfied that we had worked things out, I went back to him and explained that I was certain I wanted to proceed and that now that my mind was made up, I didn't want to wait...I wanted to do it as soon as possible....AND I wanted him to come with me. He gave me a couple dates and time ranges on those days that would work for him, since we had to do this during the daytime hours, and I called to make my appointment.

Six was very accommodating, making my consult and piercing appointments at the same time, rather than having to travel to his studio twice, as it would be about a 40 minute drive for us. L and I drove down, found parking and arrived at the studio just a couple minutes past our appointment time. Traffic was bearable, but finding parking had been a bit of a struggle and I also had an unfortunate run-in with the parking machine!

A young man came over and introduced himself as Alex, Six's apprentice, and asked if it would be okay if he came into the room with us to observe and learn. I agreed that that would be fine, joking that I hoped he appreciated my alacrity, as I don't show my girly bits to "just anyone". I was asked to disrobe from the waist down and lie on the examination table. Six and Alex then proceeded to inspect my bits to determine if my anatomy would support one or both of the piercings I was interested in having. At one point I glanced down and it was more than a little disconcerting to see only the tops of their two heads bent over as they got up close and personal with my clit. Since he was in teaching mode, I got to listen to Six explain the different approaches they could take to do the Triangle piercing, then in each case, to explain further why each wouldn't work with my personal anatomy. He then went on to the same process with reference to the VCH piercing, however with a positive end result. I could accommodate it.

While they gathered the items required to perform the piercing, I completed the waiver form. I could tell I was nervous because I was very silly and chatty, making jokes about the many statements I had to read and initial, including asking if I had to use my real name, lamenting that if they screwed up I'd have no legal recourse, etc. I passed the completed form back and then waited the interminable seven minutes while all the tools and components were sterilized in the mini-autoclave. Finally, it was time.

Before laying back on the table, I explained to Six that I'm a big fan of the "one-two-three-DO IT!" methodology. He countered that by explaining that he's a fan of the breathing method and that when he says it's time, I'm to take a deep breath and then exhale as he pierces. Seems we have the same method, just call it something different. :) During the 1-2-3, I breath in deeply then exhale to work through the pain of.....whatever. Works great for waxing and beatings...why not piercings?

I lay back down on the table. L took my hand in both of his - very comforting and supportive of me always. There was lots of uncomfortable poking going on - it felt like he was poking my clit with a very sharp needle....which in retrospect was probably not far from the truth. Six explained that lining things up could cause a bit of discomfort. I wanted to ask L to talk to me to focus me elsewhere, but I didn't want to be a wuss. Instead I asked for - and got - a kiss. When Six was ready to go, he told me to take a deep breath and I experienced a mild panic and a sudden revisiting of whether I should do this or not. I asked him to hang on a sec, gathered myself and then gave the okay.

I took a deep breath in, then exhaled it fairly quickly, assuming that the piercing tube would be through in just one or two seconds. This was not a good assumption and I wished I had asked about this when we talked earlier - it seems I ran out of breath before I ran out of pain to process. It actually took more like 5 or 6 seconds and I likened the pop I experienced as the tube went through the far end to the feeling of a dull awl pushing through old shoe leather. I am no longer a tender young chicken, but I certainly didn't expect that! I have to say I was more than a little disappointed in myself that I needed to emit a clenched-jawed sustained growl for the the remaining 3 seconds it took to complete the bore. 

Once it was all done with the jewelry in place, I experienced such a sense of euphoria! I remember telling L how excited and happy I was that I had done it. I have to say that the piercing has been unbelievably great to live with during the healing process. Not only do I absolutely love, love, love the way it looks, but from the moment the tube popped through to now, there has been no pain whatsoever - not even any residual soreness. I had been concerned with parking too far from the shop, but experienced no issues walking or moving around afterward at all.'s all good!  I'm very excited for the healing period to be over so that I can test drive it with L to see if it makes any difference to either of us, good or bad.  I'm hoping it's something we'll both enjoy.


  1. What, no pictures???? LOL.....

    I'm glad it went well for you. I'd love to hear how it feels after the healing is complete.

  2. What Advizor said :-D

    I also applaud your courage xxxxx