Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TMI Tuesday - 7/24

Let’s Go To Bed

Tell us about your bed.


For several reasons I sleep in a rather unusual space. Quite some years ago, I had to move out of my shared bedroom situation. The space I sleep in is teeny tiny, not much larger than a bathroom.  I have no proper bed, but just a twin mattress over top of a layer of cubes similar to milk crates, the end ones turned sideways for storage.  My parents and siblings often express to me their anger that I live in that way in my own house, but really, it's not so awful. I've made it very comfortable and it's the cleanest and neatest place in the house. Some time ago I had the chance to move into one of the other bedrooms, but I decided not to. While the larger space would be welcome, the bedroom also came with some other pitfalls I wasn't (and am still not) willing to deal with.  So that being said, I decided that instead of not being able to really answer any of these questions this week, I'd describe what my bed will be like when I am finally in a position to be able to have my own bedroom and not have to worry about my safety or other concerns.

1. What size (King, queen, full, twin)?
Queen, I think.  Big enough to have space for a significant other, but yet cozy enough to allow for togetherness.

2. What mattress construction (conventional springs, air bed, water bed, Tempurpedic-type)?
I think a nice pillow-top mattress would be great.  Not too firm though...nor too soft,

3. What type furniture (just a frame, headboard/footboard, canopy, trundle, etc)? Describe.
I like traditional cherry wood furniture.  Likely it will have a headboard and a foot board.  Undecided between a four poster (with square posts, not round) or a sleigh bed - I like both.

4. If your bed has headboard/footboard or bedposts, have you ever been tied to them? Ever tied anyone to them? For what purpose? 
If I had a four poster, I'm pretty sure they'd be used for that purpose.

5. What kind of sheets (cotton, linen, silk, flannel)?
I love high thread count cotton sheets in the summer and flannel in the winter.  Both are very soft on my skin and allow for a lot of warmth.

6. What kind of blankets (cotton, wool, thermal, electric)?
I don't use blankets.

7. What’s on top (bedspread, duvet,…)?
A deliciously warm duvet.

8. What kind of pillow (down, foam, fiberfill)?
I have a great pillow that never gets flat.  It's foam, but some kind of special stuff in there.  I wake up, give it a little fluff and it's like it's brand new again.

Bonus:  Fill in the blank and answer question.
If _____ comes over, will you let them fuck you on your bed? Yes or no.
Well, if I ever get this bed, it will be because I got my own place....so I can fill in the blank with "L"....and say a resounding "Hell, yeah!!!"



2 comments:

  1. Good job putting a positive spin on what sounds like a bleak situation. And I hope you have the chance to sleep in the bed of your dreams someday soon! :)

    Also, I'd vote for the poster bed. More opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, Thank you for being so candid and sharing about your situation. I think what's most important is that you are safe. Hopefully due to that you are getting a good night's sleep.

    I like a VERY firm mattress or to not feel that I am sleeping on anything. This is why I enjoy sleeping on wood floors or my Tempurpedic mattress.

    ~Toast~ Here's to you getting your own space very soon.

    -H

    ReplyDelete